Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Edara, Indira" <ie...@vignette.com> on 2000/12/04 22:58:18 UTC

How to get HTTP 1.1 response

I am using tomcat as standalone webserver. When I send simple GET request I
am always getting HTTP 1.0 request back. How do I get HTTP 1.1 response?
I am using Tomcat 3.1, I placed jsptest.jsp file under /tomcat/ROOT folder
and requesting this file using telnet.
Thank you

principal

Posted by John de la Garza <jd...@designinsites.com>.
I can't figure out what a Principal is all about...

where does the Principal come from?

I log on to a secure page using formbased security and it put in the user
name tomcat and passwd tomcat...it says logged in as tomcat principal johnd
!

Where does it get johnd??

that is my name...but how does it get this?

Re: How to get HTTP 1.1 response

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Edara, Indira" wrote:

> I am using tomcat as standalone webserver. When I send simple GET request I
> am always getting HTTP 1.0 request back. How do I get HTTP 1.1 response?
> I am using Tomcat 3.1, I placed jsptest.jsp file under /tomcat/ROOT folder
> and requesting this file using telnet.
> Thank you

Tomcat 3.1 (and 3.2) do not support HTTP/1.1 in stand-alone mode -- for that you
need to use Tomcat 4.0 (or use Tomcat 3.1 or 3.2 behind a web server that
supports HTTP/1.1).

Craig McClanahan