Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Thomas Felber <xi...@fhf-wi.de> on 2003/07/25 00:26:18 UTC

Problems with deploying Xindice within Tomcat

Hello everbody,

I've hust set up my xindice-1.1b2 with tomcat. I copied the war,jar and
xml file to the webapps-dir, but after restarting tomcat didn't come up.

Reason for that: The necessary Directory xinidce-1.1b2 with subfolger
META-INF (with file MANIFEST.MF) weren't extracted from the jar file.
I did that manually.

Now Tomcat Manager tells me, that Xindice is running. Is that a known
problem. Did I anything wrong? Otherwise this would be a good point for
the how-to.

One question left. I'm wondering that both
$CATALINA_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/Xindice and xindice-1.1b2 don't
contain any data.

Were is my xindice-db-root on this case?

I think there is anything wrong! Isn't there?

Cheers,

Thomas

--
There exist 10 kinds of people. Those who speak binary and those who don't.

Re: Problems with deploying Xindice within Tomcat

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <Yu...@mobicomk.ru>.
Does you set in the server.xml like following?

        <Context path="/Xindice" docBase="xindice" debug="0" reloadable="true">
          debug="0" verbosity="1" prefix="xindice_log." directory="logs" timestamp="true" suffix=".txt"/>
        </Context>

And you must set the unpackWARs="true" in "localhost" <Host> definition.
And xindice database and jar files must extracted into the WAB-INF directory automatically.

> Hello everbody,
>
> I've hust set up my xindice-1.1b2 with tomcat. I copied the war,jar and
> xml file to the webapps-dir, but after restarting tomcat didn't come up.
>
> Reason for that: The necessary Directory xinidce-1.1b2 with subfolger
> META-INF (with file MANIFEST.MF) weren't extracted from the jar file.
> I did that manually.
>
> Now Tomcat Manager tells me, that Xindice is running. Is that a known
> problem. Did I anything wrong? Otherwise this would be a good point for
> the how-to.
>
> One question left. I'm wondering that both
> $CATALINA_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/Xindice and xindice-1.1b2 don't
> contain any data.
>
> Were is my xindice-db-root on this case?
>
> I think there is anything wrong! Isn't there?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> There exist 10 kinds of people. Those who speak binary and those who don't.

--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.