Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 2000/07/11 06:32:30 UTC

New Pagination Stuff

I think everything is there. If you are in the same boat as I am, the
/messaging directory is invisible under straight CVS, and you have to
download the files individually through the web front-end. The same goes for
my example files in docs/examples/pagination.

The CVS issue turned out to be a requirement to upgrade to SSH2. I got some
good gouge from Brian B about this and went to openssl and openssh. I may
have missed the public announcement about this... :-)

I think there are some permissions issues happening. I have a feeling that
my umask is not quite right, and I'll check that tomorrow. I have no idea
why Fotis' /messaging directory is invisible, though.

My example files are my interpretation of the spec. I spent a lot of time on
this, but I could have made errors. Everything is up for discussion.

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"

Re: problems to build Fop

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
I solved the "invisible directories" problem. My unfamiliarity with WinCVS,
which I use for testing the uploads (that I do from Linux). Simple matter of
hitting the right checkbox to invoke the -d switch. :-)

That being said, now that I properly get org/apache/fop/messaging,
docs/examples/pagination, and org/apache/fop/dom/svg, I also get compile
errors due to the fact that org.w3c.dom.svg.* is not available. ViewCVS (the
Web front-end) indicates that this important chunk is not there.

Both me and Keiron dumped a whole whack of files in just now, so I can
sympathize with missing stuff. I think he overlooked uploading the patched
SVG DOM files.

Arved

At 11:08 AM 7/11/00 +0200, Fotis Jannidis wrote:
>Arved had problems to access the /messaging directory. Anybody else?
>I could access it from my account and as an anonymous user. I am not sure
where the
>problem lies.
>
>Both checkouts now do not build:
>
>C:\ava\xml-fop\build\src\org\apache\fop\dom\svg\SVGDocumentImpl.java:62:
class o
>rg.apache.fop.dom.svg.SVGDocumentImpl must be declared abstract. It does
not def
>ine org.w3c.dom.Element createElementNS(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String) from

Re: New Pagination Stuff

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
Hi, Norm

I am becoming more knowledgeable with CVS, or, less ignorant. :-)

My understanding is that 'cvs update', with default switches, is somewhat
limited (and to me, counterintuitive because of it). New directories in CVS
don't get added, and removed directories don't get pruned. Before I was
fully aware of that I had the same problem you do, and called 'em "invisible".

According to the Cederqvist CVS Manual, the -d and -P switches take care of
these problems. Which they do.

Ahhh, the "web front-end". I'm just referring to using ViewCVS, as in
starting from http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-fop/. Normally I
use command-line.

Regards, Arved

Re: New Pagination Stuff