Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "S, VENKATESH" <vs...@hp.com> on 2004/02/02 15:50:16 UTC

Urgent help required: Changing the content of a portlet/pane on anonymous user home page.

Hi all,

Please reply to this mail. I want to change the content of my portlet that get displayed on anonymous user home page. This I should be able to change from another user login, so that any change being done here gets displayed in the anonymous home page.

Detailed scenario:
I am having two users user1 and user2.  Both are having Example1.vm portlet. Whenever i am changing content of Example1.vm from user1 it should dynamically changes in User2, whether this is possible ??????

Likewise I should be able to change the content of portlet that gets displayed on anonymous user pages.

Lots of Thanks in advance.

Thanks & regards,
Venkat.

Re: Urgent help required: Changing the content of a portlet/pane on anonymous user home page.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, February 2, 2004, at 06:50  AM, S, VENKATESH wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please reply to this mail. I want to change the content of my portlet
> that get displayed on anonymous user home page. This I should be able
> to change from another user login, so that any change being done here
> gets displayed in the anonymous home page.
>

> Detailed scenario:
> I am having two users user1 and user2.  Both are having Example1.vm
> portlet. Whenever i am changing content of Example1.vm from user1 it
> should dynamically changes in User2, whether this is possible ??????
>
> Likewise I should be able to change the content of portlet that gets
> displayed on anonymous user pages.

Probably better to ask this on Jetspeed User.
Actually now I see you did.
As they said there, using role-based PSML would work, but may not be
your desired overall solution.
If role-based PSML doesn't suit your needs, try keeping your own state