Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/16 10:56:33 UTC

Namespaces in FXG

Hi,

This sample FXG file [1] I got generated from Flash Catalyst CS5.5
in my latest Flex mobile project. I wonder what all these namespaces
are good for and if I need to keep them? Usually, when using these
FXG skins in my Flex projects I go through these FXG files and remove
all the namespaces beside the most important one:

	xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/fxg/2008"

Is there a simple XSLT parser out there that can remove these possibly
unneeded namespaces automatically? This would be a real time saver.

Thank you!

-
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample

[1] Sample FXG file:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<Graphic
	xmlns:ATE="http://ns.adobe.com/ate/2009"
	xmlns:ai="http://ns.adobe.com/ai/2009"
	xmlns:fc="http://ns.adobe.com/flashcatalyst/2009"
	xmlns:d="http://ns.adobe.com/fxg/2008/dt"
	xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/fxg/2008"
	xmlns:flm="http://ns.adobe.com/flame/2008"
	version="2.0"

	<Group blendMode="normal">
		<Group alpha="0.75" blendMode="multiply" flm:isolated="false" flm:knockout="false">
			<Group>
				<Path winding="nonZero" data="[... some vectors ...]">
					<fill>
						<SolidColor/>
					</fill>
				</Path>
			</Group>
		</Group>
		<Group y="1">
			<mask>
				<Group ai:spare="1">
					<Path winding="nonZero" data="[... some vectors ...]">
						<fill>
							<SolidColor color="#FFFFFF"/>
						</fill>
					</Path>
				</Group>
			</mask>
			<Rect width="24" height="24">
				<fill>
					<LinearGradient rotation="90" scaleX="24" x="12.0078" y="0.00390625">
						<GradientEntry color="#9A9A9A" ratio="0"/>
						<GradientEntry color="#5B5B5B" ratio="1"/>
					</LinearGradient>
				</fill>
			</Rect>
		</Group>
	</Group>
</Graphic>

Re: Namespaces in FXG

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Adobe tools are not under the control of Apache Flex.  If those tools stop
importing and exporting FXG, Apache Flex can't really do anything about it.
Now some of the file formats of the popular tools are documented so anyone
can write a conversion tool for those and choose any namespace to manage
information not directly tied to the rendering.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Namespaces in FXG

Posted by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Alex,

http://markmail.org/search/?q=+list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev+fxg#query:%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev%20fxg+page:1+mid:4kamrcjzm4jbhgh7+state:results

Re: Namespaces in FXG

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1 on the documentation. Maybe a PDF. There are tags are being removed on
the specifications page. For example, search for "broad" and in the
document and you'll see this,

"Elements such as , ,
<SolidColor<http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/wiki/SolidColor>>
define actual content that typically appear in or directly affect the
rendering of an FXG document. "

Re: Namespaces in FXG

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Namespaces in FXG