Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jason Riffel <ja...@cipreporting.com> on 2010/06/18 04:15:33 UTC

HOWTO: Nutch on Windows without Cygwin

I recently wanted to run Nutch on Windows, but did not want to use
Cygwin (required by Hadoop on Windows).  I took the time to analyze the
requirements and come up with a very small native Win32 package that
allows you to run Nutch without Cygwin on Windows.  I wrote a blog about
it and the files can be downloaded from there:

http://riffelspot.com/nutch/nocygwin

A short synopsis is a small zip file you extract into your Nutch folder
that gives you a nutch.bat file (same as the nutch bash script) and
includes the required shell commands in native Win32 code instead of
Cygwin binaries.  I hope this helps other people who might not want to
use Cygwin

Jason Riffel
jason at cip reporting dot com