Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/08 22:07:34 UTC

Re: Another bug in h:selectBooleanCheckbox while embeded in a x:dataTable

Sylvain,

If I understand you correctly, the problem applies to h:/x:dataTable.
Can you provide us a simple example to look at that demonstrates the
problem?  Please leave the tabbed panel stuff out of the example in
order to simplify things.

While I am awaiting your example, I have a theory.  There are some
tricky issues with components that manage their own children.  I
learned this while doing some research for the new tree component I am
working on.  In dataTable (and simliar components) you need to make
sure that the submitted values get passed all the way through to the
child components in the appropriate manner.

When I looked at the MyFaces dataTable code last week I had trouble
convincing myself that this was being handled properly in all cases.
I didn't find a bug, I was just not sure of how things worked.  It
might be possible that this is your problem.  I will try and look at
it some more tonight.

sean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Sylvain,

I'm interested in learning more about some of the MyFaces components
so this will be an excuse for me to look more closely at the tabbed
panel.  I will try to take a look at it tonight when I get home from
work.

sean

ps. I like what I have seen of the HtmlEditor so far (I believe that
is something you are working on right?)

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org>.
Hello Sean,