Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Steven D. Arnold" <st...@neosynapse.net> on 2000/10/20 22:19:58 UTC

problems with CLEANUP

I was using the CLEANUP subroutine in an embperl page to save a value in
udat, however when I do this it seems the value does not stay in
udat.  When I save the object in udat immediately, rather than doing so in
CLEANUP, it saves correctly.  Any idea why this would be?  I am using b3;
I'll probably be upgrading to b5 soon after it's released.

--
Steven D. Arnold          Que quiero sera         stevena@neosynapse.net
"He was part of my dream, of course -- but then  I was part of his dream

Re: problems with CLEANUP

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.
Gerald will give you an authoritative answer, but i'd bet that %udat has been
untied before the cleanup phase begins, and therefore the data is not written to
disk.

i think that the latest version allows you access to the session.  if i am correct,
you may have to write the additional session data on your own.

___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/

Re: problems with CLEANUP

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I was using the CLEANUP subroutine in an embperl page to save a value in
> udat, however when I do this it seems the value does not stay in
> udat.  When I save the object in udat immediately, rather than doing so in
> CLEANUP, it saves correctly.  Any idea why this would be?  I am using b3;
> I'll probably be upgrading to b5 soon after it's released.

%udat is immediately after page is finish written to disk to keep the time
it is lock small, because as long as the session is in use it is lock.

CELANUP is called after the request is finish and connection to the browser
is already closed, so things that are done in CLEANUP don't enlarge the
response time. At this point %udat is already untie, as cliff already
guessed.

If you really need to do so, you can use 1.3b6, are are some auxilary
functions for setup and writeing the session data. I didn't tried it from
CLEANUP, but it should work

Gerald