Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tc...@arx.gr> on 2008/05/08 15:49:44 UTC

Peculiar problem with CompressGzip

Hi list,

I have a virtual host that produces plain XML (no XSLT needed, defined
or used).
The resulting files are quite large, so I thought I'd save some
bandwidth and enable CompressGzip on that specific directory.
There was no error 500, just some garbled output. I could make out some
``Can't upgrade that kind of scalar'' messages in the output, but apache
registered status 200 even for the (obviously) failed hits.

The only configuration directive that seemed to make a difference was:
<Directory /blah/blah/rdfs>
PerlSetVar CompressGzip 1
</Directory>
Removing this resulted in the files being sent as they were supposed to.

Best Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou

Re: Peculiar problem with CompressGzip

Posted by Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tc...@arx.gr>.
O/H Warren Young έγραψε:
> Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
>>
>> enable CompressGzip on that specific directory.
>
> What happens if you use mod_deflate instead?
Interesting question, but since it's a static build, I'd have to
recompile apache to find that out.
I'd rather not do that right now, unless we're all out of ideas.

Re: Peculiar problem with CompressGzip

Posted by Warren Young <wa...@etr-usa.com>.