Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gpssolr2020 <ps...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 23:08:50 UTC

fq & facet on double and non-indexed field

Hi

i am trying to apply filtering on non-indexed double field .But its not
returning  any results. So cant we do fq on non-indexed field?

can not use FieldCache on a field which is neither indexed nor has doc
values: EXCH_RT_AMT
</str>
<int name="code">400</int>

We are using Solr4.2.

Thanks.

Re: fq & facet on double and non-indexed field

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: Whats is the difference between q and fq other than cache

Very little from a functional standpoint. I.e.
q=abc AND def
and
q=abc&fq=def

return the same set of results. The differences are
1> the fq clause can be cached efficiently
2> the terms in the fq clause don't contribute to the score of the document.

In terms of the requirements for how the fields are added to the index
(i.e. index="true") there's
no difference.

Best
Erick

Posted by Raymond Wiker <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by gpssolr2020 <ps...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erick..

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: So cant we do fq on non-indexed field

No. By definition the fq clause is a search and
you can only search on indexed fields.

Best
Erick