Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "john.vint" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/29 16:27:07 UTC

Re: maven-assembly-plugin StackOverflowError

A quick update.  Despite having other poi dependencies, this is the only one
which causes the StackOverFlow.  It occurs when the plugin imports the xsb's
into the jar.

Re: maven-assembly-plugin StackOverflowError

Posted by burcakulug <bu...@gmail.com>.
I had a similar problem and fixed it by setting the stack size -Xss10M. The
output was even more than the max screen buffer, I couldn't even see the
exception message. I found this post by searching "at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver". Thanks for the solution, it
saved my time.

Re: maven-assembly-plugin StackOverflowError

Posted by "john.vint" <jo...@gmail.com>.
I ended up getting this resolved some time ago but I figure I post the best
solution.  The stackoverflow isnt a product of infinite recursion it's just
a matter of recursion that is simply too deep because of how far down the
file directory tree goes.

Simply increasing the stack size with -Xss.  We increased it to 2m and the
assembler plugin was able to handle the recursive stack size.

Re: maven-assembly-plugin StackOverflowError

Posted by "john.vint" <jo...@gmail.com>.
The best I could do was to exclude the dependency itself (this works for me
because I needed a subset of the code that was not effected by the
exclusion)

<exclusion>
	<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
	<artifactId>poi-ooxml-schemas</artifactId>
</exclusion>

Not sure if this would help you.

Re: maven-assembly-plugin StackOverflowError

Posted by kueblboe <ma...@si-bausparen.de>.
Hello,

did you ever resolve this issue? I ran into the same problem using poi 3.7
and maven-assembly-plugin 2.2.1.

Cheers,
Manuel--