Posted to dev@bahir.apache.org by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/22 00:48:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Apache Bahir module

Hello,

I am Saikat and I am committer in Apache Ignite project. I am interested in
joining the Apache Bahir community and contribute to following Apache
Ignite Extensions.

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/integrations

The reason we wanted to contribute our Apache Ignite integration as
separate Extensions is this will help us to manage and maintain separate
lifecycle for Apache Ignite integrations.

All the integrations will continue to be part of ASF and we will  keep
supporting and developing in accordance with ASF vision and practices. Our
inspiration for the move is very similar to as mentioned in Apache Flink.

https://flink.apache.org/ecosystem.html#third-party-projects

I would be very grateful if you please review and share your thoughts on
the proposal.

Warm Regards,
Saikat

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Apache Bahir module

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano, JB

Thank you for your email. I will like to contribute to PR reviews and
manage releases around these extensions.

Also my thoughts on releases specific to dependencies for Apache Ignite is
to do a fast follow up release for modules based on latest Apache Ignite
stable release.

Can you please add me in Apache Bahir contributor list so that I can create
jira issue and assign them to myself.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Saikat,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Apache Bahir module

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

Thank you for your email. As discussed in Ignite community we are planning
to migrate the Apache Ignite integrations in ignite-extentions git
repository.

https://github.com/apache/ignite-extensions

Warm regards,
Saikat