Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by henrib <he...@apache.org> on 2010/03/31 13:29:45 UTC

Re: svn commit: r929437 - in /commons/proper/jexl/trunk: pom.xml src/main/config/findbugs-exclude-filter.xml

Should have documented this, my bad.

I've added the 'henrib' profile to upload the RC site through 'mvn -Phenrib
site:deploy' in my home directory as http://...henrib/jexl-2.0.1-RC2/site.
The 'rc' profile would do so in the
http://.../builds/commons/jexl/2.0.1/RC2/site.

Since most projects are staged in the home dir, I just tried to do the same
in a reproducible manner ( especially given my inane ability to screw-up the
release process ).

Re: svn commit: r929437 - in /commons/proper/jexl/trunk: pom.xml src/main/config/findbugs-exclude-filter.xml

Posted by henrib <he...@apache.org>.
Ooops, too late, RC3 out...
With a bit of luck, I'll get your +1 vote. :-)

Re: svn commit: r929437 - in /commons/proper/jexl/trunk: pom.xml src/main/config/findbugs-exclude-filter.xml

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31/03/2010, henrib <he...@apache.org> wrote:

>  Or I can just do 'zip -r site site' and upload like the artefacts...
>  Guess I'll have to update the pom (just the pom, nothing else) and try a
>  manual RC3 upload.
>  Third is a charm...

I would wait a bit and see what others say first - no point in redoing
the RC if there are other problems.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31/03/2010, henrib <he...@apache.org> wrote:

>  >> I still think the profile does not belong in the project pom.
>  >> Just add it to your settings.xml instead.
>

> I cant define the <distributionManagement .../> in my settings. How/where
>  can I put the staging site dir so it persists ?

You can provide it on the command-line:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html#altDeploymentRepository

using -DaltDeploymentRepository

Might be able to define this in settings.xml as well.

Alternatively, you could perhaps create a profile.xml which is not in SVN?

Posted by henrib <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31/03/2010, henrib <he...@apache.org> wrote:

>  Should have documented this, my bad.
>
>  I've added the 'henrib' profile to upload the RC site through 'mvn -Phenrib
>  site:deploy' in my home directory as http://...henrib/jexl-2.0.1-RC2/site.
>  The 'rc' profile would do so in the
>  http://.../builds/commons/jexl/2.0.1/RC2/site.

Ah - I'd not read the URL carefully enough.

I still think the profile does not belong in the project pom.

Just add it to your settings.xml instead.

>  Since most projects are staged in the home dir, I just tried to do the same
>  in a reproducible manner ( especially given my inane ability to screw-up the
>  release process ).

OK.

s/inane/innate/ ?