Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Andrei Pozolotin <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/09 05:59:14 UTC

add new log appender dynamically to org.ops4j.pax.logging at run time

    *Hi;*

    I am curious what is the right way to

    add new log appender dynamically to org.ops4j.pax.logging at run time

    that is,  NOT programmatically, but from a sibling config file such as
        ${karaf.base}/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging-extra.cfg

    ?

    I can not find this feature in the source, must be looking in the
    wrong place :-)

    use case: AWS SNS based appender should be activated/deactivated on
    demand;
        http://aws.amazon.com/sns/

    Thank you,

    Andrei

Re: add new log appender dynamically to org.ops4j.pax.logging at run time

Posted by Andrei Pozolotin <an...@gmail.com>.
    *Charles:
    *
    Great ideas & pointers! Thank you,

    Andrei

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrei,

Here is the link of the code committed in ServiceMix project :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/trunk/osgi-logging/

Regards,

Charles

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.