Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kishore Jalleda <kj...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/23 19:26:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.x vs 2.0.x

Hi all,
          This is my first post to the list, I am currently using version
1.3.34 for our websites,  I would like to hear about your experiences about
the 2.0.x versions as they support Multithreading, MPMs, APR, etc,
specifically about any  performance improvements over 1.3.x (which uses the
pre-forking model), I am aware that the MT may not be suitable for all
configurations, we use Poweredge 2650's with Dual Xeons and HT, and also
some Sparc Boxes.....

Thanks all for your time
Kishore Jalleda

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.x vs 2.0.x

Posted by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com>.
Even though speed might not be a factor in upgrading if you are
using pre-fork and php/mod_perl/etc, at least mod_perl (version2) has
significant
upgrades in how it interacts with apache2 vs. apache1.3.
For me it has impacted speed and size, in that I've been able to
do more with less...

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.