Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by James Avery <cx...@legendsoft.net> on 2010/02/10 17:46:01 UTC

Restart stand-alone CXF programmatically on a different port

We're using CXF in stand-alone mode (i.e. with the standard CXF embedded
Jetty factories, engines, etc.).

We see various 'shutdown', 'stop', and 'start' methods on the engine
classes, the Bus class, etc.  What's the proper method of restarting the
server (and associated endpoints) on a different port?

Re: Restart stand-alone CXF programmatically on a different port

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed February 10 2010 11:46:01 am James Avery wrote:
> We're using CXF in stand-alone mode (i.e. with the standard CXF embedded
> Jetty factories, engines, etc.).
>
> We see various 'shutdown', 'stop', and 'start' methods on the engine
> classes, the Bus class, etc.  What's the proper method of restarting the
> server (and associated endpoints) on a different port?

Honestly, I think the only normal way to do that would be to stop each of the
endpoints and republish them on the new URL.   You may be able to dig into the
Jett engine things and attach a new connector on the new port and maybe remove
the old connector, but that wouldn't then update the URL's in the wsdls and
such.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org