Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Brandon D. Rabin" <Br...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/26 18:29:29 UTC

InvocationTargetException in XSSFWorkbook when running in Linux with Websphere - all XLSX files

Hi,

I get the following error:
error org.apache.poi.POIXMLException:
*
This occurs when making the call new
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook(getInputStream().)
*
This happens for all XSLX files.  Works fine for XLS files.
Fails in WebSphere 6.1, Redhat Linux environment, Java 1.5.
Works fine everywhere else, UNIX AIX, Linux with Tomcat,
plus all Microsoft environments we've tested.
*
Confirmed via reflection that the poi jar being accessed is version 3.7.
The poi-ooxml, poi-ooxml-schemas, poi-scratchpad in the deployment area
are 3.7 as well.
*
I'm guessing that the problem is occurring in the read method of
POIXMLDocumentpart object, because it throws the above exception,
but I can't be sure.
*
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
*
Thanks!

Re: InvocationTargetException in XSSFWorkbook when running in Linux with Websphere - all XLSX files

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Brandon D. Rabin wrote:
> I get the following error:
> error org.apache.poi.POIXMLException:

What's the rest of the stacktrace? That should tell you what's actually
breaking

> This happens for all XSLX files.  Works fine for XLS files. Fails in
> WebSphere 6.1, Redhat Linux environment, Java 1.5. Works fine everywhere
> else, UNIX AIX, Linux with Tomcat, plus all Microsoft environments we've
> tested.

I suspect the stacktrace will show you an error with one of the xml
libraries, quite possibly telling you that something like your xmlbeans
version is too old

Nick