Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lee Parker <le...@socialagency.com> on 2010/07/13 04:00:31 UTC

concurrent reads

Has anyone experimented with different settings for concurrent reads?  I
have set our servers to 4 ( 2 per processor core ).  I have noticed that
occasionally, our pending reads will get backed up and our servers don't
appear to be under too much load.  In fact, most of the load appears to be
from GC.  Is 3 per processor core too much?  Does it matter if it is an AMC
vs Intel processor?  How does processor clock speed or cache play into this
setting?

Lee Parker

Re: concurrent reads

Posted by Lee Parker <le...@socialagency.com>.
The iostat numbers are rather low as is cpu utilization.  We have a couple
of nightly jobs which do a lot of reads in a short amount of time.  That is
when the pending reads was climbing.  I'm going to bump up the number and
see how things run.

Re: concurrent reads

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: concurrent reads

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.

Re: concurrent reads

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
if you're not sure where your bottleneck is, you aren't hitting it
hard enough :)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra