Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Isaiah Billingsley <iz...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/13 19:39:49 UTC

Status of common container in Shindig

Hi,

I've been eager to make use of the common container js since it was
introduced a few months ago, but my attempts thus far to use it have been
met with miscellaneous errors, where, as soon as I figure one out, there is
another waiting in line. With no examples or documentation, it's hard for me
to tell if I can't get it working because the code is broken, or if I simply
haven't configured/initialized it correctly.

Is the common container currently in a usable state? If not, is it scheduled
to make it in to the 2.0 release?

If anyone does have it working, what steps are required to use it?

Thanks

--

Isaiah

Re: Status of common container in Shindig

Posted by Mark D Weitzel <we...@US.IBM.COM>.
We've also had some very preliminary conversations about standardizing
some of the container APIs in OpenSocial "1.1 Next". We think this will
help with interoperability and gadget portability. This would be a good
starting point and would also make a great prototype.

-Mark W.

From:
Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>
To:
dev@shindig.apache.org
Date:
08/16/2010 05:53 AM
Re: Status of common container in Shindig

Michael is working on getting this integrated, I believe he's back from
vacation this week and can give you some answers.

common-container is included in trunk and will be included in the 2.0.0
release as a preview.  Once it's ready I'd like to move all container
specific code to use it and deprecate the old container code.

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner

Re: Status of common container in Shindig

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner