Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Pavel Sýkora <pa...@seznam.cz> on 2016/02/03 16:56:28 UTC

Spark 1.5 Streaming + Kafka 0.9.0

Hi,

According to the Spark docs, Spark Streaming 1.5 (and 1.6) is compatible
with Kafka 0.8.2.1 (Direct Kafka API). Nevertheless, I need to use Kafka
0.9.0 with Spark 1.5.x streaming.

I tried to use Kafka 0.9.0 as both source and output of Spark 1.5 Streaming,
but it seems it works well.

Does anybody have the same experience? Or does anybody have some problems
integrating Spark Streaming 1.5 or 1.6 with Kafka 0.9.0?

Thanks in advance,

Pavel

Re: Spark 1.5 Streaming + Kafka 0.9.0

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.
0.9 brokers should be backwards compatible with 0.8 simple consumer, which
is what the direct stream uses.  If you're finding any problems, please
report them.

There's work underway to add 0.9 consumer support to spark, at