Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by szymonu <sk...@contentforces.pl> on 2009/07/13 18:33:41 UTC

'dojo' is undefined IE7 tapestry 4.1.6

Hi!

I use Shell component.

Component includes dojo.js into each of my pages. Just after declaring
dojo.js library component tries to use dojo javasript object.

ie.
<script src=".../dojo.js" ></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.registerModulePath("tapestry", "path");
</script>

Problem occures becouse when browser will generate page slowly (usually IE
and sometimes FF) than dojo.js is not fully loaded and
dojo.registerModulePath javascript couses errors becouse 'dojo' is
undefined. I red that explorer runs javascript before loading all data from
included js files but dont know how to avoid this.

I tried to compress dojo.js. I also wanted to define onLoad event and wait
until whole DOM will be ready but dont know how to change HTML generated by
Shell Component.

Sometimes page works and sometimes not - depending on reloading.

When this error ocurrs my CSS layout is broken and i need to refresh page
until succesfull load dojo.

I couldnt find any solution on nabble so i decided to start new topic

Re: 'dojo' is undefined IE7 tapestry 4.1.6

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
The only way i can think of for the following code to fail (even in IE7) is
if dojo.js arrives in the browser corrupted

<script src=".../dojo.js" ></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.registerModulePath("tapestry", "path");
</script>

so perhaps you can check if that is the case...

Anyway, the ajaxDelegate parameter of Shell can allow you to change
what gets output
in the html

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM, szymonu<sk...@contentforces.pl> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I use Shell component.
>
> Component includes dojo.js into each of my pages. Just after declaring
> dojo.js library component tries to use dojo javasript object.
>
> ie.
> <script src=".../dojo.js" ></script>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> dojo.registerModulePath("tapestry", "path");
> </script>
>

> Problem occures becouse when browser will generate page slowly (usually IE
> and sometimes FF) than dojo.js is not fully loaded and
> dojo.registerModulePath javascript couses errors becouse 'dojo' is
> undefined. I red that explorer runs javascript before loading all data from
> included js files but dont know how to avoid this.
>
> I tried to compress dojo.js. I also wanted to define onLoad event and wait
> until whole DOM will be ready but dont know how to change HTML generated by
> Shell Component.
>
> Sometimes page works and sometimes not - depending on reloading.
>
> When this error ocurrs my CSS layout is broken and i need to refresh page
> until succesfull load dojo.
>
> I couldnt find any solution on nabble so i decided to start new topic

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting