Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anca Barbuc <an...@newyyz.com> on 2006/09/01 20:41:29 UTC

Tomcat as a Service

Hi,

I am having a problem with starting Tomcat as a service.

Here are some of the details of the environment:
       Tomcat 5
        OS: MS Windows Server 2003 SP 1
        Ram: 960
        JDK: jdk1.5.0_07

If i start it manually with the starttom.bat it works.
If I go and try service install and then go to Administrative Tools and
services and try to start the servic it  will not work.

I get the following error:
Could not start Apache Tomcat Service on local computer

>>   Error 1053: The service did not respond to start or control request
>>   in a timely manner.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
ab

Re: Tomcat as a Service

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
I would suggest you use
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/wrapper.html

with that kit, comes a script called TomcatService.bat, this is the same
as you would have started it as a service and you can troubleshoot.
This also lets you control a few more options and settings, as well as
generate thread dumps

Filip