Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/02/01 10:17:28 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Terraform CloudStack provider

All,

I checked the repository again (was going to start a vote thread on the same), I think the terraform license could be an issue which is MPL. Can PMC guide us and comment if MPL is compatible with APL, and should we ask Hashicorp to relicense the repository before the CloudStack community and project takes over that repository?

The rough steps and tasks are:

  *   Discuss and resolve the issue of license compatbility and re-licensing to Apache License v2.0
  *   Create a new repository apache/cloudstack-terraform-provider that will takeover code (a git mirror or github repo transfer) from https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-cloudstack
  *   CloudStack project will join Hashicorp Technology partnership program (see Wido's comment [1][2])
  *   The community will maintain and help with releases of the terraform provider

The alternative is interested parties just join the terraform-provider-cloudstack repo as maintainer/committers. Thoughts? Thanks.

[1] https://markmail.org/message/2r5azbfugovx7ypw

[2] https://www.hashicorp.com/partners/become-a-partner#technology

Regards.