Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by vpl <vp...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 09:52:19 UTC

Axis2 POJO or RMI. Problem of new Class access from Client

Hi,

I’m facing a Axis2 POJO problem for which I need some support.

My current problem is the following
I would like to expose such Java class through Web service.

public class MyService {

    public IcUser logon() {
    	return new A_User("");
    }
}
public class A_User {
	private String userName ="";
	public A_User(String user) {
		System.out.println("User:"+user+" created");
		userName = user;
	}
	public String getUserName() {
		return userName;
	}
}

My current problem with POJO is that the logon method returns a new Object.
When reading the Axis2 POJO documentation, such operation can be done only
if the A_User has already been initialized by the Web-Service Client or
initialized using Spring. This is clearly exposed in the 1.3 Axis POJO
Guide.  In my case, this is the server which creates this new User.

Question-1:
	Am I right to consider that Axis2 POJO will not support such use case ? (in
the version we have 1.3)
Question-2:
	Does the Axis2 rmi recently proposed in a nighbuild of Axis2 may support
this use case ?

Could you clarify please ?

Thanks very much for your support

Cheers

Re: Axis2 POJO or RMI. Problem of new Class access from Client

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On 9/21/07, vpl <vp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a Axis2 POJO problem for which I need some support.
>
> My current problem is the following
> I would like to expose such Java class through Web service.
>
> public class MyService {
>
>     public IcUser logon() {
>         return new A_User("");
>     }
> }
> public class A_User {
>         private String userName ="";
>         public A_User(String user) {
>                 System.out.println("User:"+user+" created");
>                 userName = user;
>         }
>         public String getUserName() {
>                 return userName;
>         }
> }
>

> My current problem with POJO is that the logon method returns a new
> Object.
> When reading the Axis2 POJO documentation, such operation can be done only
> if the A_User has already been initialized by the Web-Service Client or
> initialized using Spring. This is clearly exposed in the 1.3 Axis POJO
> Guide.  In my case, this is the server which creates this new User.
>
> Question-1:
>         Am I right to consider that Axis2 POJO will not support such use
> case ? (in
> the version we have 1.3)
> Question-2:
>         Does the Axis2 rmi recently proposed in a nighbuild of Axis2 may
> support
> this use case ?

On thing,
In your service class  the return type is declared as IcUser and A_User is
not neither extended nor implement this interface.
Axis2 rmi supports this. you have to declare A_User as an extension class
1. at the server side using config.xml
2. at client using configurator object.
please see the rmi sample TestService4

Amila.