Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 16:24:28 UTC

HTML parsing and charset for Polish

Not sure where to look for explanations:

I have a problem with some Polish pages which I can not index properly on
the specific polish characters such as :
&#321;

They are havin the following  charset=windows-1252

Does the HTML parser convert them into their Unicode equivalent ....

--
-MilleBii-

Re: HTML parsing and charset for Polish

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you provide the HTTP headers and HEAD of the HTML of a Web page
for which Nutch fails? Perhaps there is an inconsistency between HTTP
and META headers or a mispelled codepage? Just a wild guess, but
believe me --  Java does convert fine between Cp1250, Iso8859-2 and
internal UTF-16 so there must be something wrong elsewhere.

Dawid

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.
At last someone answers.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.