Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com> on 2006/01/27 17:06:11 UTC

Where do database connections go when making a .war file?

When making a .war file, does anyone know where you should place
database connections?  I was guessing they should go in
src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, but the <datasources> section doesn't
seem to exist until after you build it.

It does seem kind of strange to me that I'm having to edit stuff under
the 'src' directory, is that really where I should be making these changes?

Also, thanks a ton to those who helped me with the endorsed libs
problem!  That wiki page Jason pointed me to ended up solving the error
I was getting.  Thanks to everyone for their input though!

In case anyone cares, here's how far I've gotten in making a .war file
work in Tomcat 4:

In the file src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml, change the node
/web-app/servlet/servlet-class to
'<servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.servlet.ParanoidCocoonServlet</servlet-class>'
(as described here: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/EndorsedLibsProblem)

Copy blocks.properties to local.blocks.properties
Add the line 'include.block.paranoid=true' in local.blocks.properties

Add the web application you have created to the src/webapp directory
(and delete the src/webapp/samples directory if you don't want the
samples to be there)

For adding MySQL (I haven't actually be able to test this section out yet):
Copy the mysql library into src/webapp/WEB-INF/lib and edit the
src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml and src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf as
described here: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MySQL
I haven't figured out how to add the connection information to
src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

I might put some of this in the wiki later because I have hit lots of
dead ends in trying to figure this all out.  Well, I hope this ends up
being helpful to someone!

Brian