Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Leonardo Luna <le...@eduvaud.ch> on 2019/12/18 10:12:32 UTC

Request for help about synchronisation of ApacheDS with Active directory

Sorry to bother you, but i've got an issue with ApacheDS.

I need to synchronise my ApacheDS LDAP server with a microsoft Active directory.
I tried for weeks to find a way to do it but even after that i have no clue.

I'd really like to get help from you.

Thank you for your attention !

Leonardo Luna

Re: Request for help about synchronisation of ApacheDS with Active directory

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 18/12/2019 11:12, Leonardo Luna wrote:
> Sorry to bother you, but i've got an issue with ApacheDS.

You aren't bothering anyone :-)

> I need to synchronise my ApacheDS LDAP server with a microsoft Active directory.
> I tried for weeks to find a way to do it but even after that i have no clue.

There is no such mechanism by which you could synchronize AD and
ApacheDS. They have their own synchronization mecchanism (Synrepl for
ApacheDS - cf RFC 4533 - and DirSync for AD. Those protoccols are
incompatible.

Also note that AD schema are very specific, and not supported natively
by ApacheDS. You would have to inject substentific effort to be able to
proceed AD entries in ApacheDS...

Now, you may want to do something simpler than fully syncrhonizing the
two servers. Would you tell us a bot more about what you want to obtain ?

Thanks !