Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/25 19:00:38 UTC

"Patch available"

There are two ways to contribute to Calcite: attach a patch to a JIRA case, or submit a pull request to https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/pulls <https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/pulls>. I — and I presume other committers — don’t get notified, which means that the patch/pull request lingers until a committer happens to notice it.

What do other Apache projects do?

Julian

Re: "Patch available"

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
For linking to it. This is usually fine because it's common practice to
prefix the commit title with the JIRA.

Re: "Patch available"

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
If you prefix the git commit with the JIRA number, for example:
"PHOENIX-1457 Use high priority queue for metadata endpoint calls" on
the commit for this pull against our mirror:
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/55. In this case, you'll get
JIRA comments when the pull is opened and commented on, etc:

Re: "Patch available"

Posted by "Han, Luke" <lu...@ebay.com>.

Re: "Patch available"

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.