Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chengi Liu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 22:47:38 UTC

Intel Hadoop Distribution.

Hi,
  I am curious. In this strata, intel made any announcement of their own
hadoop distribution  optimized for their chips and with some of their own
implementations.
Though I was bit surprised on seeing intel's involvement in hadoop world..
but now somehow it makes sense (its a big market after all)
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2013/130227-intel-releases-hadoop-distribution.html

I was wondering on how is their distribution different than other players?
or why would anyone buy intel's distribution at all?
(Probably not suited for this mailing list, then please let me know? )
Thanks

Re: Intel Hadoop Distribution.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
+1 Andrew

On Saturday, March 2, 2013, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
> Chengi,
> This is not the forum for inquires about this or that vendor changes. I
work for Intel but on community focused work. I couldn't even answer your
questions. You should start by looking on the vendor's website for where to
direct further inquiry.
> On the other hand if the question is about Apache Hadoop, this is the
right place to ask.
> Good luck!
>
> On Saturday, March 2, 2013, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
>>
>> Regards, Chengi
>> Intel is working in a battery-tested Hadoop distribution, with a marked
focused on Security Enhancements. You can see it here:

--
Warm Regards,
Tariq

Re: Intel Hadoop Distribution.