Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt> on 2010/10/11 12:51:24 UTC

RE: Performance: C++ client - Windows VS LInux

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 11:48 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 10:49 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> > > These look like profiling info from the client side, is
> > that right? It
> > > shows a lot of waiting, which indicates the delays are
> > probably in the
> > > broker side. Could you please profile the broker while running your
> > > timing test?
> >
> > Yes, I can do the profiling in broker, but notice that I use
> > the same broker all the time. Do you think it still helps?
> > The broker is running on Fedora 13.
>
> Ok, I forgot about this... No, don't bother profiling the broker. But it
> would be useful to profile the client again, but run a few thousand
> messages to make sure that the message-processing path stands out from
> the noise.

In attachment is a sleepy profile of 1.000.000 messages.

> Thanks,
> -Steve

Regards,
Bruno

RE: Performance: C++ client - Windows VS LInux

Posted by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt>.
Hi,

Resume of previous conversations:
There is a big difference handling messages from a Linux C++ Qpid
broker, between Windows and Linux. Windows client is about 20x slower.

I made some profiling and Steve Huston is helping me detecting the
problem.

Can anyone help too?

Thank you,
Bruno Matos