Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Rosenstrauch <da...@darose.net> on 2011/09/14 19:07:08 UTC

Unblacklist a blacklisted tracker (at job level)?

I'm currently running a long-running job.  One of our nodes was
misconfigured, however, and so got blacklisted in the job.

I've since corrected the problem, though, and restarted the tasktracker.
  But how can I "un-blacklist" the tasktracker so that the job starts
using it again?

TIA,

DR

Re: Unblacklist a blacklisted tracker (at job level)?

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@darose.net>.
I'm once again finding myself in this same situation, but still have no
solution.  I have 4 task trackers that were black-listed at the job
level.  I've since fixed the issue that got them blacklisted.  But the
job still isn't assigning them tasks.  Is there any way to clear the
blacklist at the job level?  I already tried restarting the tasktracker
on the machines, but that didn't do it.

Thanks,

DR

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@darose.net>.