Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by andi welchlin <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/20 16:47:29 UTC

C++ Broker Performance with large messages

Hello all,

I tested throughput of the Qpid C++ Broker (compiled as Release).

It was tested on a virtual machine with 15 GB RAM.

First I sent a 100 MB message into a persistent queue. From sender to
receiver it took 16 seconds for one message.

Afterwards I sent a 300 MB message, this one took 125 seconds. So this is
not 3 times more (as I would have expected but 7,5 times more).

Any suggestions how to improve throughput?

Do you have an idea why 300 MB is 7,5 times slower than 100 MB?

Kind Regards,
Andreas

Re: C++ Broker Performance with large messages

Posted by andi welchlin <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, sorry for this!

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.