Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Vandenberghe <Se...@asg.com> on 2013/03/01 23:46:40 UTC

Join domain fails from 2008R2 VM in basic networking

Hello,

My test environment (4.0) is in basic network mode and I have one 2008R2
VM running. Aside from Cloudstack, I have one AD+DC+DNS(no dhcp) that I
configure as my zone DNS. If I try to enter my 2008R2 VM to this DC
Domain, it fails saying it could not find the domain.

>From the 2008R2 I can ping the ADDC server but not the domain name.
Nslookup fails and indicates the ip of the Virtual Router. I thought when
Virtual Router resolution fails it should use the zone DNS. (It also fails
with the flag use external dns active after Management Server and Virtual
Router reboot)

Is there any way to make this work or do I have to go to Advance
Networking?

Best Regards,
Sebastien Vandenberghe

RE: Join domain fails from 2008R2 VM in basic networking

Posted by Sebastien Vandenberghe <Se...@asg.com>.
Hello,

I finally got it...

If the DC server is configured as DNS 2 the query doesn't work. It has to be the first one or I can't find any working parameters in cloudstack to force the dns to be external. I then script it in my VM template for the first startup.

Do you think it is a CloudStack bug to not allocate the first DNS to the one chooses in the zone?

Best Regards,
Sebastien Vandenberghe

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.