Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Kevin Roast <ke...@alfresco.org> on 2005/05/25 13:02:05 UTC

f:selectItem - itemDisabled attribute not working?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem? I have a
<h:selectOneRadio> with several <f:selectItem> children. I would like to
disable one of the child items based on a value bound boolean property
e.g.

   <h:selectOneRadio value="#{myBean.location}" layout="pageDirection">
      <f:selectItem itemValue="current" itemDisabled="#{myBean.fileName
!= null}" itemLabel="Use copy in current location" />
      <f:selectItem itemValue="other" itemLabel="Use copy uploaded from
my computer" />
   </h:selectOneRadio>

So the important bit is: itemDisabled="#{myBean.fileName != null}" - no
matter what value is returned from the associated bean getFileName()
method, the item is _never_ shown as disabled in the browser.

Am I missing something here? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Kevin
--
+44 (0)1628 513624
kevin.roast@alfresco.org

Re: f:selectItem - itemDisabled attribute not working?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
The patch has been updated to MYFACES-253, the JIRA opened for this bug.

Bruno

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.