Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Jim Tay <jt...@tucows.com> on 2003/09/08 17:25:55 UTC

Client debug?

Hi,

Is there a way to see the actual xml that XmlRpcClient generates on an
execute call?  I can't find any debug functions in this class...

(I'm using the libraries in xmlrpc-1.1.jar)

Thanks,
Jim Tay

Re: Client debug?

Posted by Jim Tay <jt...@tucows.com>.
I was hoping for something in XmlRpcClient to show the xml output... oh
well.  This little class will come in handy...

Thanks!

Jim

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Lars Widmer wrote:

Hello!
Jim, I once used the following code:
***
import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;

public class httpviewer
    {
    public static void main(String[] asArgs)
        {
        try
            {
            ServerSocket ss = new ServerSocket(8899);
            Socket s = ss.accept();
            InputStream is = s.getInputStream();

            while(true)
                {
                int i = is.read();
                if (i==-1) break;
                System.out.write(i);
                }

            System.out.println("\n\nConnection closed");
            }
        catch(IOException ioe)
            {
            System.err.println("Exception:");
            ioe.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
    }
***
It shows the lines which the client sends in order to make a call. They
look about the following HTTP-Request:
POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: dskt5591:8899
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection: keep-alive

As an other try I used a tool like
"EffeTech HTTP Sniffer"
That was better, but it didn't show all.
I got the following HTTP-Response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache XML-RPC 1.0
Connection: close

At the end I had what I wanted :-)
More I haven't... Sorry
Lars

Jim Tay wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to see the actual xml that XmlRpcClient generates on an
>execute call?  I can't find any debug functions in this class...
>
>(I'm using the libraries in xmlrpc-1.1.jar)
>
>Thanks,
>Jim Tay

Content Security by MailMarshal

Re: Client debug?

Posted by Lars Widmer <La...@gmx.ch>.
Hello!

RE: Client debug?

Posted by Jim Tay <jt...@tucows.com>.
Hi Jason,

I'm using the client only.  I send requests off to a remote server, so I
don't have access to see my requests at the server.

But your suggestion gave me an idea; perhaps a solution lies in the
xmlTransportFactory...

Thanks for your help,
Jim

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Jason Wyatt wrote:

Jim,

One of our guys modified the 1.1 library to print out the incoming XML at
the server end. I think we just changed the ServerInputStream. If you would
like me to send it, please reply and I'll post it directly to your email
rather spam everyone on the list :)

Regards,
Jason

--
Falun Gong: A peaceful meditation practice under persecution in China
http://www.faluninfo.net

Truth - Compassion - Forbearance

RE: Client debug?