Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Maxim Degtyarev <md...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/26 17:39:05 UTC

[BCEL] Disassembling code

Hello,

I'm currently developing an application that trace java code using JDI API
and wish be able to disassemble code being traced.

BCEL has such a functionality in the form of Utility.codeToString() method.

Problem:

The codeToString() requires ConstantPool instance while
ConstantPool(DataInputStream) constructor has package-level visibility and
no utility method to construct constant pool from byte[] provided.

Of course ConstantPool can be subclassed with descendant in same package
but this is definitely a hack.

What solution you might suggest?

I presonally tend to add new factory method constructing ConstantPool from
byte[] to the Utility.java but it is unclear to me how to submit a patch to
the BCEL.

Re: [BCEL] Disassembling code

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Maxim,

You can start here: http://commons.apache.org/patches.html

Make sure you check out the trunk code and attach your patch with unit
tests to a JIRA issue.

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com