Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John Blythe <jo...@curvolabs.com> on 2015/06/01 14:33:46 UTC

Synonyms within FQ

morning everyone,

i'm attempting to find related documents based on a manufacturer's
competitor. as such i'm querying against the 'description' field with
manufacturer1's product description but running a filter query with
manufacturer2's name against the 'mfgname' field.

one of the ways that we help boost our document finding is with a synonym
dictionary for manufacturer names. many of the larger players have multiple
divisions, have absorbed smaller companies, etc. so we need all of their
potential names to map to our record.

i may be wrong, but from my initial testing it doesn't seem to be applying
to a fq. is there any way of doing this?

thanks-

Re: Synonyms within FQ

Posted by John Blythe <jo...@curvolabs.com>.
Thanks Erick!