Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robin Shine <ro...@pmease.com> on 2005/11/29 11:32:25 UTC

Another application built on top of Tapestry

Hello all,

I am creator of Luntbuild (http://www.pmease.com/luntbuild/), and have used Tapestry intensively for more than one year. Great framework! Before using Tapestry, I am totally new to web development, and get confused because there are so many Java technologies to learn in order to develop a real web application: servlet, JSP, WebWork, SiteMesh, DisplayTag, ... you cite it.

But Tapestry reduced this complexity; with this single framework, one can almost do everything. So till now I do not know and do not care about how to write JSP pages, 8)

Now I am developing professional version of Luntbuild - QuickBuild (http://www.pmease.com), and still stick to Tapestry. Base on improved knowledge over Tapestry, I was able to create more professional and interactive web interfaces (for example: tree table, or components displaying tree in a dropdown menu). You can check out the online demo at http://livedemo.pmease.com:8081 to see what it looks like.

PS: QuickBuild is free for open source projects.