Posted to user@flink.apache.org by vtygoss <vt...@126.com> on 2021/12/08 03:06:03 UTC

Which issue or commit should i merge in flink-1.13.3 for buffer debloating?

Hi community!

Because of the limitation of connector, i couldn't upgrade apache flink from version 1.13.3 to versin 1.14.0. But i really need the important feature of buffer debloating in 1.14.0 for heavy checkpoint at backpressure.

So which issue or commit should i merge in flink-1.13.3 for buffer debloating?

- [FLINK-24189] Perform buffer debloating per single gate
- PR-17024 mentioned in  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23973

Thanks for your any reply or suggestion.

Best Regards!

Re: Which issue or commit should i merge in flink-1.13.3 for buffer debloating?

Posted by Robert Metzger <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I guess all the commits mentioned in all the subtasks of this ticket will
give you the feature: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23451

Hower, I'm pretty sure that you can't just cherry-pick such a big feature
to an older Flink version.

I would rather try to fix the connector to upgrade to 1.14.