Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Lester <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 16:33:58 UTC

Configuration of Ldap with shiro using JndiLdapRealm

Hi ,

I am a newbie to Shiro, and was trying to connect to my Ldap Server using
JndiLdapRealm to authenticate the user, The setting in my .ini file are as

[main]
ldapRealm = org.apache.shiro.realm.ldap.JndiLdapRealm
ldapRealm.userDnTemplate = email={0},ou=ORG,dc=my-domain,dc=com
ldapRealm.contextFactory.url = ldap://localhost:389
ldapRealm.contextFactory.systemUsername = cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com
ldapRealm.contextFactory.systemPassword= [myLdapPassword]
ldapRealm.contextFactory.authenticationMechanism = DIGEST-MD5

It gives me Authentication connection : LDAP Connection failed

How and when is the userDnTemplate value passed and replaced with 0 at
runtime?

Thanks in advance,
Lester.