Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/03/30 20:18:10 UTC

[Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Update of "ReleaseChecklist" by PaulFerraro

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by PaulFerraro:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/ReleaseChecklist

The comment on the change is:
Updated  "Update jakarta-site2" section.

  This is a whole process onto itself; you need Subversion to get the jakarta-site2 stuff.  It's yet-another XML-like limited HTML syntax (related to Forrest markup, but not quite).  Once you check it out, there are directions on how to proceeed.

+ The url of the jakarta-site2 svn repository is: {{{https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/site}}}
+
- Anyway, when I last checked, you would use the build scripts to rebuild the documentation, then check in the ''derived HTML files'' as well as the XML source files.  Yes, I cringe.
+ You would need to use the build scripts to rebuild the documentation, then check in the ''derived HTML files'' as well as the XML source files.  Yes, I cringe.

  You need to do three things:
   * Update the correct files in news. It will likely be {{{xdocs/site/news/news-2005-q3.xml}}} or somesuch.
   * Update {{{xdocs/index.xml}}} and add an entry pointing to your new news item.
-  * Update {{{xdocs/site/binindex.xml}}}.
+  * Update {{{xdocs/downloads/downloads.xml}}}.

  Each news file covers one quarter of one year; there will be many examples (Tapestry and other projects) to copy and paste.  Here's your
  chance to be creative when describing what's changed and why anyone should care.  Don't forget the marketting (but don't overdue it either).

- About {{{binindex.xml}}} ...  mostly you just put the correct release number into the XML entities defined at the top.  For interrum releasees, update {{{tapestry-current-release}}}. For the very infrequent stable releases (i.e., for a 3.1 or 3.2 final release, a rare event) update {{{tapestry-stable-release}}}.
+ About {{{downloads.xml}}} ...  mostly you just put the correct release number into the XML entities defined at the top.  For interim releases, simply update the release numbers within the relevant {{{<download>}}} entries. For the very infrequent stable releases (i.e., for a 3.1 or 3.2 final release, a rare event) update the download {{{<group>}}} as well.
-
- '''Note:''' I haven't been through this part of the process since jakarta-site2 switched over to Subversion.

  = Email the Announcement =

- Whew!  Send an [ANNOUNCE] email to jakarta-general@jakarta.apache.org and tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org.  Use the same (or similar)
+ Whew!  Send an [ANNOUNCE] email to general@jakarta.apache.org and tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org.  Use the same (or similar)
  text to the news item.  Get a beer!