Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 14:38:31 UTC

Region in Transition

Hi all,

i have now a big problem with one region. This region is allways in
transition and i don't no how fix it.

I run "hbase hbck -repair" and this ended with:
INFO util.HBaseFsckRepair: Region still in transition, waiting for it
to become assigned: {NAME =>
'twitter_tweets,08000e806a7b8ba7d6cdd5c9c0956e7e,1350294699032.3a932a1e2b15abbf7539ca8ad761ecfc.',
STARTKEY => '08000e806a7b8ba7d6cdd5c9c0956e7e', ENDKEY =>
'1002e24a61f8ea1ce10267e09e377aa5', ENCODED =>
3a932a1e2b15abbf7539ca8ad761ecfc,

How i can bring it back online?

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com>.
In the past when I have seen regions get locked in transition it is usually
a problem with the HMaster.  Seemingly a transition starts and succeeds
between region servers, but the HMaster may miss part of that communication
and think it is still in transition.  Then it keeps retrying but the node
is not where it expects anymore.  This doesn't affect normal operations,
except that the balancer cannot run while something is in transition.
 Restarting the HMaster always fixed this for me and had no adverse affects
that I could see.

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Kevin, english isn't my primary language.Iam so sorry.

What i need:
- i have a lot of data actualy in /hbase.old
- new data are saved to /hbase

and now i need "combine" all this data, but exists rows from /hbase
can't be rewrited by rows from /hbase.old.

Maybe i can do it like this:
hadoop fs -mv /hbase /hbase.old - this replace all exists old rows?

After this i can move /hbase.old to /hbase and run hbck.
Both with stopped cluster.

Lukas

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.
Lukas,

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.
Lukas,

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi again.

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.
Lukas,

  Looking over what you sent me:

ERROR: Region { meta =>
twitter_users,1ffd1a52913c3fd600dedb97d1b2b8ce,1350294703353.6e3be1c26233ed744479289b00a422dd.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/twitter_users/6e3be1c26233ed744479289b00a422dd,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
facebook_posts,6103caf551a3115ee22e527542464a33,1350306570677.7112dd6fd61f2cf2675696c8320f7639.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/facebook_posts/7112dd6fd61f2cf2675696c8320f7639,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
facebook_posts,81a92d771ace1b49526b0c940fc65fb5,1350294695237.8f290a471d0cd0d1036b306fa526db4e.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/facebook_posts/8f290a471d0cd0d1036b306fa526db4e,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
facebook_posts,f01f68e30ffbeca7d248091f5319ffee,1350306575742.952fa87b758d1605bb263535376fdf33.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/facebook_posts/952fa87b758d1605bb263535376fdf33,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
twitter_tweets,4fc3d2db81837d6aafb97348da86bcd7,1350308118451.a532656e5d112c2962648cd5598c635d.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/twitter_tweets/a532656e5d112c2962648cd5598c635d,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
twitter_users,afcb98b707ee4ee8a830827e8a7265ed,1350294705684.b222aa685d8a53ba836518074b7e27a0.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/twitter_users/b222aa685d8a53ba836518074b7e27a0,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
facebook_comments,e0405892a3d2065201252311ece8b5f9,1350306514155.c60bdbfcba96d4b381d7470756b15fdd.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/facebook_comments/c60bdbfcba96d4b381d7470756b15fdd,
deployed =>  } not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region { meta =>
facebook_posts,20600f7f12eb2d850c4e75d7e6dcbb84,1350294692505.d0192a38206a8df60210f6d972807f64.,
hdfs =>
hdfs://hadoop-7:9000/hbase/facebook_posts/d0192a38206a8df60210f6d972807f64,

Re: Region in Transition

Posted by Lukáš Drbal <lu...@gmail.com>.
Kevin,

Re: Region in Transition