Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2009/01/06 05:08:11 UTC

Rampart trunk and Axis2 trunk/1.5 - build problems?

Hi Rampart-devs:

I can't seem to build Rampart with the current Axis2 trunk or the 1.5
branch... the failure mode is pretty weird though - when building the
rampart-integration module, I see a WSDL2Java usage message -

[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: generate-source}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
(org.apache.axis2.i18n.Project
ResourceBundle).
Usage: WSDL2Java [options] -uri <url or path> : A url or path to a WSDL
where [options] include:

When I tried manually running WSDL2Java with the exact same command line
specified in the pom.xml, it worked fine.

Can someone take a peek at it and see if anything jumps out as obviously
wrong?

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: Rampart trunk and Axis2 trunk/1.5 - build problems?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Yep that's it - the WSDL2Java on the 1.5 branch doesn't have this change
so it didn't recognize the lcmn option.

I'm a little stunned that this change got made, and I'm going to
belatedly -1 it on axis2-dev.  As it stands, we've a) changed the
default codegen behavior, forcing everyone to add an option to avoid
breaking their existing codegen builds, and b) worse, the way this was
implemented wasn't just to change the lower-casing, but to COMPLETELY
AVOID calling the xml-to-java identifier routine - I just tested and
indeed we'll now happily build uncompilable method names like "Get-Time".

Ugh. :(

--Glen

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> There has been a change in wsdl2java (see r727413), which now requires
> a -lcmn option to generate lower case method names (which previously
> was the default behavior). This broke the Rampart build and I added
> that option in the pom.xml in rampart-integration (see r728671) to fix
> this.

if you have added the -lcmn option then it should work.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Rampart trunk and Axis2 trunk/1.5 - build problems?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.