Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/13 21:00:02 UTC

AWS Private and Public Ip

Hi,

I am using Elastic Ip Address and assigned Elastic Ip Address to the
instances.

After doing lot of trial and error , I could atleast install Cloudera
Manager on AWS.

But a very starnge thing I have notice, I am not sure if I am doing
something wrong .
When I have installed CM on AWS on an instance, it gave me message at the
end to open the http://privateipaddress:7180 to open the cloudera manager
GUI.

However when I tried to open http://privateaddress:7180 it didn't open but
when I tried opening http://Publicip:7180

How should I use only one type of  ip address either public or private?

Thanks
Krish

Re: AWS Private and Public Ip

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.
you will get the the private ip to work until and unless you are in your
VPC connected to a VPN or a direct connect.  For what you are doing, i
would use the public IP that should work just fine.

Re: AWS Private and Public Ip

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.

Re: AWS Private and Public Ip

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.