Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2013/03/09 12:48:19 UTC

Clearing up in jena-core etc/

JENA-402 : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-402

This is about how we ship resources in the zip file, the major part of
which are the rules files but there are some other files.

The POM for jena-core includes etc/ and vocabularies/assembler.n3 but
this has a side effect of only working for built jars, not working from
the codebase in development -- the origin of JENA-402 is that testing in
ARQ broken with no rules file access.

I'm proposing regularising resources by putting all the files under
org/apache/jena in main/resources or test/resources.

Some of the changes are done but there are a few things I'm unclear about.

The rules files remain under etc/, moved into src/main/resources/etc

Ideally they would be globally named e.g. org/apache/jena/rules/ but I
haven't made this change.

Also changed:
file:vocabularies/assembler.n3 => org/apache/jena/vocabulary/assembler.ttl

There are some files I'm unsure about (and left in file:etc/)

dig-daml-axioms.rdf
dig-owl-axioms.rdf
   No use in the codebase?

ont-policy-test.rdf
ont-policy.rdf
   uses as the OntDocumentManager default path

Proposal:
   1/ don't use file:
   2/ Move to src/X/resources/org/apache/jena/ontology

location-mapping.ex
   Unused - delete

schemagen_example.rdf
   Unused?

	Andy

For reference, the rules files are:

daml-micro.rules, owl-b.rules, owl-fb-micro.rules, owl-fb-mini.rules,
owl-fb-old.rules, owl-fb.rules, owl.rules, rdfs-b-tuned.rules,
rdfs-b.rules, rdfs-fb-lp-expt.rules, rdfs-fb-tgc-noresource.rules,
rdfs-fb-tgc-simple.rules, rdfs-fb-tgc.rules, rdfs-fb.rules,
rdfs-noresource.rules, rdfs.rules

(is daml-micro.rules still relevant?)

Re: Clearing up in jena-core etc/

Posted by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com>.
On 09/03/13 11:48, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> JENA-402 : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-402
>
> This is about how we ship resources in the zip file, the major part of
> which are the rules files but there are some other files.
>
> The POM for jena-core includes etc/ and vocabularies/assembler.n3 but
> this has a side effect of only working for built jars, not working from
> the codebase in development -- the origin of JENA-402 is that testing in
> ARQ broken with no rules file access.
>
> I'm proposing regularising resources by putting all the files under
> org/apache/jena in main/resources or test/resources.
>
> Some of the changes are done but there are a few things I'm unclear about.
>
> The rules files remain under etc/, moved into src/main/resources/etc
>
> Ideally they would be globally named e.g. org/apache/jena/rules/ but I
> haven't made this change.
>
> Also changed:
> file:vocabularies/assembler.n3 => org/apache/jena/vocabulary/assembler.ttl
>
> There are some files I'm unsure about (and left in file:etc/)
>
> dig-daml-axioms.rdf
> dig-owl-axioms.rdf
>    No use in the codebase?
Ancient history. Deleted.

> ont-policy-test.rdf
> ont-policy.rdf
>    uses as the OntDocumentManager default path
Moved to src/test/resources and src/test/resources respectively.

> Proposal:
>    1/ don't use file:
>    2/ Move to src/X/resources/org/apache/jena/ontology
>
> location-mapping.ex
>    Unused - delete
>
> schemagen_example.rdf
>    Unused?
What would be a better place to put example code?

> For reference, the rules files are:
>
> daml-micro.rules, owl-b.rules, owl-fb-micro.rules, owl-fb-mini.rules,
> owl-fb-old.rules, owl-fb.rules, owl.rules, rdfs-b-tuned.rules,
> rdfs-b.rules, rdfs-fb-lp-expt.rules, rdfs-fb-tgc-noresource.rules,
> rdfs-fb-tgc-simple.rules, rdfs-fb-tgc.rules, rdfs-fb.rules,
> rdfs-noresource.rules, rdfs.rules
>
> (is daml-micro.rules still relevant?)
No. Deleted.

Ian