Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Thibault Chollet <t_...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/23 21:53:14 UTC

problem with my custom provider

HI,

I'm having problems to get my custom provider running. I get the following exception:

mypackage.myProvider isn't a provider.

I tried to replace it by specifying in the descriptor the provider org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider and it's working.

However, when I just copy and paste the code from RPCJavaProvider and specify in the descriptor :

<isd:provider type="mypackage.RPCJavaProvider" ....,

I get the same exception: mypackage.RPCJavaProvider isn't a provider

Could that be a compilation problem? (but the code is compiled)
My classpath is set correctly (I think) as the RPCRouter managed to load the class.
I copied my package in Tomcat_home\lib.

I have been trying for two days to get my provider running without success and I cannot find any topics about this exception generated by org.apache.soap.server.ServerUtils.loadProvider

Thanls in advance for your response

Thibaut

Re: problem with my custom provider

Posted by Thibault Chollet <t_...@hotmail.com>.
Scott,

Thanks a lot: that resolved my issue. I do have Tomcat4.0 installed, and I
believed that the user classes or packages have to be drop in the tomcat/lib
directory. I was wrong.

Thanks again for your quick response