Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org> on 2012/06/20 22:24:08 UTC

Reintegrating Model Interfaces Branch

It looks like all of the tasks for the model interface refactor are completed with the exception of the merging tasks.   I am going to merge trunk's changes into the branch (RAVE-686).  Once that ticket is done, it would be nice to have as many people who can test the branch before we merge it back in to trunk.  Is there anyone who can help out?

-Matt

Re: Reintegrating Model Interfaces Branch

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
On 6/25/12 8:33 AM, "Jasha Joachimsthal" <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

>On 25 June 2012 14:00, Franklin, Matthew B. <mf...@mitre.org> wrote:
>
>> On 6/24/12 6:06 AM, "Jasha Joachimsthal" <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> >After some debugging I found out that the user creation goes wrong when
>> >the
>> >Page objects are persisted.
>> >
>> >The following pages were created:
>> >Page [id=29] (Person profile)
>> >Page [id=30] (About)
>> >Page [id=31] (My activity)
>> >
>> >On save the following exception enters TranslatedH2Exception:
>> >org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Referential integrity constraint
>>violation:
>> >"CONSTRAINT_255A8: PUBLIC.PAGE FOREIGN KEY(PARENT_PAGE_ID) REFERENCES
>> >PUBLIC.PAGE(ENTITY_ID) (29)"; SQL statement:
>> >INSERT INTO page (entity_id, name, page_type, owner_id, page_layout_id,
>> >parent_page_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) [23506-167]
>> >
>> >The database only contains USER pages after initialization. When I
>>want to
>> >go to the profile page of an existing user, it fails to generate the
>> >profile page with exactly the same error.
>> >I'm not able to create a new USER page either, but haven't found out
>>yet
>> >where that one goes wrong (an NPE somewhere in persisting the Page
>> >object).
>>
>> This appears to be an issue after merging in changes from trunk.  Has
>> anyone checked to see if the issue exists there?
>>

>Everything works fine in trunk.

Figured it out.  The transaction manager applies the save methods to the
entity manager in order and when it was saving the sub pages, it didn't
have the ID for the parent.  I have no idea why this is not failing in
trunk as well, but I added a save call before setting the sub pages and it
works fine.

Was this the only issue, or were there other problems you found?

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
On 6/23/12 12:54 PM, "Chris Geer" <ch...@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:

>On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Jasha Joachimsthal
>><ja...@apache.org>wrote:

>>> merge
>>> done, it
>>>before we

>>> Creating a new account or provisioning an LDAP account (johnldap) is
>>> broken
>>> in the branch. Both failed in the integration tests (mvn
>>> -Pintegration-tests) and when I do them manually (with a clean
>>>database)
>>> they fail as well. In trunk this still works. This needs to be fixed
>>> before
>>> the branch is merged into trunk.
>>>
>>> For the new account I get
>>> [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ERROR:
>>> org.apache.rave.portal.web.controller.NewAccountController - Account
>>> creation failed: Unknown Database Error
>>>
>>> For the LDAP account I get
>>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not
>>> bind
>>> LDAP username '{johnldap}' to a user
>>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer]        at
>>>

>>>org.apache.rave.portal.web.security.LdapUserDetailsContextMapper.createR
>>>aveUserFromLdapInfo(LdapUserDetailsContextMapper.java:106)
>>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer]        at
>>>

>>>org.apache.rave.portal.web.security.LdapUserDetailsContextMapper.mapUser
>>>FromContext(LdapUserDetailsContextMapper.java:82)
>>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by:
>>> org.apache.rave.persistence.impl.TranslatedH2Exception: Unknown
>>>Database
>>> Error
>>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer]        at
>>>

>>>org.apache.rave.persistence.jpa.impl.H2OpenJpaDialect.translateException
>>>IfPossible(H2OpenJpaDialect.java:60)
>>>

>> Just doing a quick test I found a couple issues:
>>
>> 1) I also saw the error Jasha mentioned above when trying to create a
>>new
>> user through the UI

Fixed

>> 2) There is also an error when trying to view anyone's profile page

Fixed

>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] Jun 23, 2012 9:35:31 AM
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet
>> dispatcher threw exception
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer]
>> org.apache.rave.persistence.impl.TranslatedH2Exception: Unknown Database
>> Error
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.apache.rave.persistence.jpa.impl.H2OpenJpaDialect.translateExceptionI
>>fPossible(H2OpenJpaDialect.java:60)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doCommit(JpaTransaction
>>Manager.java:516)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManage
>>r.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:754)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManage
>>r.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:723)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.comm
>>itTransactionAfterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:393)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke
>>(TransactionInterceptor.java:120)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Refl
>>ectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAop
>>Proxy.java:202)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>$Proxy55.getPersonProfilePage(Unknown
>> Source)
>> [WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] at
>>
>>org.apache.rave.portal.web.controller.ProfileController.viewProfile(Profi
>>leController.java:66)
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> One other odd thing, on the model branch, when you create a new tab it
>takes you back to the main tab. Previously it had put you on the newly
>created tab.

Fixed

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
On Wednesday, June 20, 2012, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:

> It looks like all of the tasks for the model interface refactor are
> completed with the exception of the merging tasks.   I am going to merge
> trunk's changes into the branch (RAVE-686).  Once that ticket is done, it
> would be nice to have as many people who can test the branch before we
> merge it back in to trunk.  Is there anyone who can help out?

I'll take a look at it this weekend.