Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vin Turcyn <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/10 19:00:52 UTC

Upgrading from subversion 1.1.3 to 1.2.0

How would I go about upgrading my subversion repository 1.1.3 to
version 1.2.0 of subversion.I am running subversion behind
apache 2.0.54 on Red Hat Linux Enterprise.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time
attempting to upgrade a version of subversion.

Re: Upgrading from subversion 1.1.3 to 1.2.0

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Vin Turcyn wrote:

> How would I go about upgrading my subversion repository 1.1.3 to
> version 1.2.0 of subversion.I am running subversion behind
> apache 2.0.54 on Red Hat Linux Enterprise.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time
> attempting to upgrade a version of subversion.
well I did it several times on a mac...
I usually dump the repo before upgrading just to be sure to have a save
backup of the latest one.
The upgrade subversion, then import the dump. It is very painless
(well you have to take care about the clients also, but that is a
different issue)

Dumping and reloading is recommended for the shift to 1.2 anyway, due to
xdelta reasons.