Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com> on 2008/07/16 08:02:19 UTC

AMQP on ActiveMQ

Hi Devs,
    I am keen on knowing the status of AMQP implementation on ActiveMQ.

Thanks,

Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.

blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/

http://wso2.com/ - The Open Source SOA Company

Re: AMQP on ActiveMQ

Posted by Sébastien Bucci <se...@goojet.com>.
Des photos de sa dernière exposition :

http://picasaweb.google.com/filippi.stephanie/CitSDansLeTexte

Re: AMQP on ActiveMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/7/16 Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>:
> James Strachan wrote:
>>
>> 2008/7/16 Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>:
>>

>>> Hi Devs,
>>>  I am keen on knowing the status of AMQP implementation on ActiveMQ.
>>>

>> see http://activemq.apache.org/amqp.html
>>
>> basically we stopped working on AMQP quite a while ago due to lack of
>> interest
>>

> Hi James,
>   One of the powerful features in AMQP is to implement custom exchanges in
> the AMQP broker. With this feature, the user has the freedom of embedding
> custom functionality into the broker. Is there a similar concept in
> ActiveMQ?. Can we write brokers to embed custom functionalities?

Sure, you don't need a non-optimal constantly changing binary wire
protocol thats not adopted by any of the major MOM players for that
:). Browse these links...

http://activemq.apache.org/interceptors.html
http://activemq.apache.org/features.html
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html