Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ochirov Nikolay <oc...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/13 21:19:20 UTC

Question about code

Hello!
I have 2 questions
What is the difference between functions  getDeployedPackages and
getDeployedExtensions?
And what the difference between bundled, shared and user extension?
I don't understand it :-(

Regards, Nikolay

Re: Question about code

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
Hello,

On 13.06.2012 21:19, Ochirov Nikolay wrote:
> Hello!
> I have 2 questions
> What is the difference between functions  getDeployedPackages and
> getDeployedExtensions?

I have been looking at the desktop code myself in the last weeks to fix
some extension related bugs.  And I can still not answer that question.
  Just one idea: I think that extensions are one type of package that
can be deployed.  If that is true then getDeployedExtensions should
return a subset of getDeployedPackages.

> And what the difference between bundled, shared and user extension?
> I don't understand it :-(

I feel your pain.

Bundled is a temporary state of extensions.  It is used for extensions
that are shipped with the office but are not pre-registered (those have
the state prereg).  Once either one (bundled or prereg) is installed it
is either shared (installed system wide and usable by every user) or
user (installed only for one user).

All this without any warranty.  The code in desktop is much to complex
for what it does.

-Andre

Re: Question about code

Posted by Очиров Николай <nv...@yandex.ru>.
Thanks for your help, Andre and Tsumotu!

Re: Question about code

Posted by Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

2012/6/14 Ochirov Nikolay <oc...@gmail.com>:
> Hello!
> I have 2 questions
> What is the difference between functions  getDeployedPackages and
> getDeployedExtensions?
> And what the difference between bundled, shared and user extension?
css::deployment::XPackageManager interface is deprecated to use now, see:
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/deployment/XPackageManager.html

> I don't understand it :-(
>
> Regards, Nikolay

- Tsutomu